CF is a fast growing SME in healthcare consultancy. We predominantly consult with the NHS and are diversifying internationally, with new clients and new service lines.
We are now recruiting for an exciting, fast paced role to lead the business development strategy of the organisation. The role will involve managing a team to oversee the end-to-end management of our opportunity pipeline, produce management information reports, facilitate Business Development committee meetings, provide project management support to bid teams and ensure we are meeting any public sector or industry specific contractual obligations.
As our business expands, we expect the Business Development Manager to play a key role in developing the business development function, ensuring it remains fit for purpose and scaled appropriately to meet the demands of working internationally and in new sectors.
The ideal candidate for this job should have experience in public sector consulting, managing a team to deliver under pressure. Additionally the person right for this role will be a quick learner, adaptable and have excellent communication skills.
- Managing a small BD team consisting of bid coordinator and resourcing coordinator
- Own the internal end-to-end proposal processes and supporting the business to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities
- Oversee the BD team in project managing the bid development process, attending bid problem solving meetings, capturing actions, collating supporting evidence, CVs, Case studies and supporting the bid team as required
- Liaise with clients to ensure appropriate contract is in place, read terms and conditions raising concerns about clauses and providing advice to project accountable partner to negotiate if appropriate
- Develop and maintain detailed suite of management information reporting, presenting this to senior stakeholders on a regular basis. This includes pipeline activity, utilisation, business forecasting reports, historical performance and other reports as required
- Act as the first point of contact for new clients providing information on the company as well as outlining available procurement routes.
- Support the resourcing coordinator to produce accurate resourcing reports and capacity intelligence of individuals across the business
- Bachelor Degree educated (or equivalent experience)
- Native level (or equivalent) writing and speaking skills
- Experience managing small teams to deliver under time pressure
- Ability to project manage bids simultaneously, often with short turnaround times
- Demonstrable ability and experience of prioritising workloads and working to deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High levels of attention to detail
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage relationships with key stakeholders and manage projects with multiple contributors
- MS Office skills (advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- At least 3 year’s experience in consulting
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to write in a concise and convincing manner
- Skills in reviewing and editing written content
- Good time management skills
- Ability to think laterally and identify new solutions to client problems
- A general understanding or willingness to learn about the healthcare industry
Why choose Carnall Farrar?
When you join Carnall Farrar you will be working closely with our industry-leading partners and consultants. In this role, you will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
CF supports our staff to develop their career and enrich their understanding of the latest developments in Health and Care services around the world.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with an up to date CV outlining your education, qualifications and experience; current remuneration details and contact details. You also need to supply a separate supporting statement explaining why you would like to be considered for the role. Applicants who fail to do so will not be considered for the post.