We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our emerging Health Analytics business with insights gained from aggregating and analysing healthcare data. The ideal candidate is adept at developing products that the broader consulting business can then deploy. They must have strong experience using a variety of data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using statistical techniques and creating/running simulations. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
Why choose Carnall Farrar?
When you join Carnall Farrar you will be working closely with our industry-leading partners and consultants, putting you in a great position to accelerate your path to becoming an accomplished business professional.
We offer on the job learning as well as access to an extensive range of in-house and external training opportunities.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in relevant area; advanced degree in relevant area would be advantageous
- Passion for the potential of data and analytics to help build the team and evangelise across Carnall Farrar
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills and experience building predictive models
- Proficiency using relational database systems and SQL and in statistical/machine learning tools (e.g. Python, R)
- Experience in data scraping/mining and analysing unstructured data is advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work collaboratively with others in the organisation
- Commitment to giving and receiving constructive feedback and coaching to support development
- Strong drive and resilience
- Work with clients to bring analytical insights to address their toughest problems
- Use analytical tools to gather and analyse data, understand relationships between metrics, identify insights, communicate them clearly, and develop predictive models
- Identify and assess data sources which could add value to products and client projects
- Create and structure data warehouses; and extract, transform and load data
- Work with leadership to identify key new product initiatives to drive growth
- Collaborate with consulting teams to identify and execute on opportunities to build data science products and models
- Develop processes and tools to measure the quality and and effectiveness of data sources, products and models over time and improve upon them
Please apply to email@example.com with an up to date CV outlining, education / qualifications and awards; work experience; current remuneration details and contact details. You also need to supply a separate supporting statement explaining why you would like to be considered for the role. Applicants who fail to do so will not be considered for the post. All applications need to be submitted by 27 July 2018.