CF Flexi Placement
NHS Management Training Scheme
General Management, Finance, Health Analysis, Health Informatics, Human Resources, Policy and Strategy
*Applications are now closed for flexi-placements in May/June and June/July 2021*
Opportunity: Up to an 8 week placement working with one of our project teams
Carnall Farrar is a rapidly growing management consultancy dedicated to improving
health, care and public services. It is led by experienced senior leaders from healthcare, public sector and consultancy backgrounds. We pride ourselves on being able to meet client needs holistically, combining problem solving, managing delivery and change leadership.
You will be given the opportunity to work closely with our industry leading partners and consultants to better your skills in project management, communication, problem solving and teamwork. You will be an integral part of our project teams, participating in the problem solving process, preparation of client materials and collaborating with our stakeholders as required.
What we are looking for
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who have:
- Strong skills on Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to quickly assimilate information
- Good analytical skills
- Strong time management skills: able to work to tight deadlines and with competing priorities
Our values are simple. We look for people who share them:
- We are passionate about healthcare; driven by a deep commitment to improving and transforming health and care systems
- We build trusted client relationships; supporting each other and becoming close advisors to our clients
- We create possibilities; through our energy for change and the fresh perspective and pragmatic approach we offer
- We respond with agility; meeting evolving needs and addressing complex challenges with flexibility
- We are courageous; willing to do something different and stand up for what we believe in, at the same time having the humility to listen and learn
- We draw and build on each other’s strengths; bringing the best out in all of us through collaboration
Support during your placement
Trainees will be provided with support throughout the duration of their placement with us. This will include:
- A corporate induction run by a Manager within our Consulting team
- A laptop and all other resources required to work on one of our project teams
- A buddy who will act as a point of contact and support the trainee throughout the placement
- 1:1 bi weekly meetings with your Line Manager to ensure that the placement is meeting the agreed objectives
- A mixture of office based, client site and remote working (COVID dependent)
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your experience to date and why you would like to complete your placement at CF. As part of your application, please specify which stream you are on.
Applications will be accepted from all streams for the placement timeframes outlined below:
Finance: June to July 2021
All other streams: May to June 2021
If you wish to contact someone who has previously undertaken a flexi-placement, please do let us know and we will put you in touch with one of our alumni.
All applications should be sent to [email protected] with the subject line “GMTS flexi placement application” by 12pm on Friday 13 November.
We reserve the right to not consider any applications submitted outside of this above process or within the timelines stated.