Rhys has developed health and care system strategies and implemented several operational changes across acute and mental health providers. He has extensive experience building activity and finance models and operational dashboards to support the monitoring and management of hospital performance. Rhys joined CF after graduating from the University of Cambridge with a degree in biochemistry and philosophy of medicine. In his final year, he wrote a dissertation on the funding of drugs and the distribution of healthcare resources.
Key areas of expertise
- * Theatre utilisation and performance analysis
- * Auditing of ward processes and frontline organisational models
- * CIP scheme risk analysis and financial modelling
- * Engagement of clinical and nursing staff
- * Creating and maintaining a project management office for complex delivering programmes
- * Communication and team-building across organisations and systems
- * BA, Biological Natural Sciences, University of Cambridge
Example client projects
Producing a clinical and financial sustainability plan for a Clinical Commissioning Group, incorporating analytical support to create a case for change and build of a segmentation tool to break down the population by need and spend.
Creating a system project management office to track a complex change programme across an entire health and care system, which focuses on patient flow, temporary staffing and community care models.
Developing and implementing initiatives in a Trust’s financial recovery plan with focuses on patient flow, increased theatres utilisation and changes in workforce design.
Preparing and facilitating a workshop attended by leads from five Clinical Commissioning Groups considering a merger into a single CCG.