CF Internship Placements
At CF, our mission is simple – to improve health and care, by inspiring clients to innovate and sustain change, through a talented and trusted team of people, supported to stretch the bounds of possibility.
At CF you will find people with a passion for making a difference to health and care. We believe that we can improve the quality and cost effectiveness of care by helping clients get the most from their employees and teams. As such, we also strive to get the best from our team and employees as individuals.
If you are passionate about health and care, and are interested in a career in consultancy, the summer internship at CF offers the perfect opportunity. As an intern, you will work on one of our projects as part of one of our teams. Through your time with us, you will be supported to deploy the core consulting toolkit, whilst developing your knowledge of healthcare, and understanding of careers in consultancy.
During the internship you will receive dedicated training, as well as on the job support from a mentor and an analyst buddy. As well as supporting you in your role, they will help you to think about future career options and the application process to CF analyst roles.
Key tasks during the internship will depend on your project, and your interests, but will include:
- Analysis of large data sets, in Excel or through coding (depending on your experience and preference)
- Content creation for internal and client meetings
- Participating in internal problem-solving sessions with your team
- Attending client meetings and helping the team build on the outputs
- Carrying out desktop research to provide crucial information to your team
What we are looking for
We welcome recent graduates, or those still studying their degree from a range of backgrounds, who are passionate about healthcare. You should have a strong desire to learn about consulting and to learn and develop new skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively, communicate and interact with people effectively in a team environment
- Willingness to share your ideas and participate in team discussions
- Self-motivated, driven and able to perform tasks to deadlines and work flexibly to adapt to changing demands within a project
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Passes at GCSE maths and English
- 3 A-levels
- Studying at, or recently graduated from a university
- No previous consultancy or other work experience is required for the role
- Screening: You will be required to submit a CV and Personal Statement before completing a numerical test and an inductive reasoning test
- Round 1 Interview: The first interview provides an opportunity to understand your mutual fit for CF and any relevant experiences, skills or interests. This will also include an Estimate interview
- Round 2 Interview: The second round will further test the cultural fit and understand what you want to gain from the internship
- Job Offer: offers are expected to be made by the end of May for a June start
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your experience to date and why you would like to complete your placement at CF.
All applications should be sent to [email protected]